Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Pittsburgh, PA
Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorney Seeking Compensation for Victims of Brain Injuries in Allegheny County, Westmoreland County, Butler County, Washington County, and Throughout Western PA
An estimated 1.7 million people suffer from traumatic brain injury every year. Accidents, such as tractor-trailer accidents or car or motorcycle accidents that cause severe trauma to the head and brain can lead to serious physical and mental impairments. Complete recovery from traumatic brain injuries is rare, and many victims often require ongoing treatment to prevent further damage and lifelong medical care. Contact the catastrophic injury attorneys at Matzus Law LLC today.
Brain injuries can vary depending on the force and impact. Types of brain injuries can include:
- Concussion: A blow to the head that may or may not cause a loss of consciousness. This type of trauma can damage nerves and cause swelling in the brain.
- Subdural Hematoma/Cerebral Contusions: Bleeding /bruising of the brain from direct impact.
- Skull Fractures: Fractures to the skull caused by direct trauma, such as car accidents or falls.
- Diffuse axonal injury: Shaking or strong rotation of the head that is common in car accidents. This type trauma causes tearing of nerve tissues in the brain and disrupts brain functions.
- Coup-Contrecoup Injury: A coup injury occurs under the site of impact whereas a countercoup injury occurs on the opposite side of impact.
It is important to seek medical attention immediately after an injury and to have a doctor monitor an individual for signs of a brain injury. These types of injuries can develop slowly and may not even be detected until it is too late. Early treatment is critical. Contact Matzus Law LLC and speak with a Pittsburgh brain injury attorney if you are interested in filing a claim.
Symptoms of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries can be difficult to diagnose because obvious symptoms may not appear until weeks or even months after the initial injury. While an individual may appear fine, there are subtle changes in behavior and sensations that may indicate signs of a brain injury.
Common Signs of a Brain Injury:
- Persistent headaches
- Difficulty concentrating and remembering things
- Slowness in speech and thinking, difficulty finding the right word to use
- Mood changes
- Blurred vision
- Increased sensitivity to lights
- Loss of balance
Discuss Your Injury With An Experienced Injury Attorney at No Cost
We have seen firsthand the emotional, physical, and financial hardships of brain injury victims and their families. During your long road to recovery, Matzus Law LLC can guide you through the unique challenges of your claim and help you pursue full and fair compensation for your damages. Call us or fill out our online contact form today!