Table of Contents
- Experienced Truck Accident Injury Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Helps Clients Stand Up to Big Corporations and Insurers after Suffering Serious Injuries in a Truck Wreck in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
- Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Pittsburgh
- What Financial Compensation Can Be Recovered Following a Truck Accident?
- How a Pittsburgh Truck Accident Lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC Assists Clients Pursue Maximum Financial Recovery from the Trucking Companies
- Contact Matzus Law, LLC for a Free Case Evaluation to Discuss the Details of the Claims Process with a Truck Accident Injury Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
- Frequently Asked Questions about Truck Accidents in Pittsburgh
Experienced Truck Accident Injury Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Helps Clients Stand Up to Big Corporations and Insurers after Suffering Serious Injuries in a Truck Wreck in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
The size of a large commercial truck or 18-wheeler means that accidents with these vehicles involve violent forces that can cause catastrophic injury. On average, there are over 100 fatalities in truck accidents in Pennsylvania each year. Even when truck accidents do not result in death, crash victims can be left with substantial medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering due to injury. A Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC can help you obtain recovery after you have been involved in a collision with a truck. For more than 20 years, our firm has been focused on restoring our clients’ financial security after being injured in accidents due to the fault of others. Our firm not only works hard on your financial recovery but also does everything in our power to help you on your path to physical and emotional recovery as well.
If you were injured in a truck crash, do not wait to speak to a Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer about seeking financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Reach out to Matzus Law, LLC for a free initial claim review to learn more about what you can expect in your case.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Pittsburgh
Some of the most frequent causes of truck crashes include:
- Speeding to make up lost time or meet delivery deadlines
- Reckless driving, including excessive speeding or swerving through traffic
- Tailgating, or following other vehicles too closely
- Turning or changing lanes without signaling or checking mirrors and blind spots
- Taking wide turns
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Disregarding red lights/stop signs and other traffic controls
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Drunk/drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe cargo loads, including excessive weight or not balancing or securing the load
- Driver inexperience
- Unfamiliarity with routes or local roads
- Inadequate vehicle inspections and maintenance
- Vehicle defects
What Financial Compensation Can Be Recovered Following a Truck Accident?
A truck accident can leave you with substantial financial expenses and personal loss. Let a truck accident injury attorney in Pittsburgh, PA with Matzus Law, LLC fight to secure the compensation you deserve for your:
- Vehicle repair expenses or reimbursement for the value of your vehicle if it was totaled by the accident
- Medical and physical rehabilitation expenses
- Costs of long-term care that you need if you suffer permanent disability due to your injuries
- Loss of wages and/or future earning potential if you cannot work because of your injuries or resulting disabilities
- Pain and suffering from your injuries and subsequent medical treatments
- Lost quality of life as a result of disabilities or disfigurement/scarring caused by your injuries
How a Pittsburgh Truck Accident Lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC Assists Clients Pursue Maximum Financial Recovery from the Trucking Companies
If you are focused on trying to treat and rehabilitate devastating injuries you suffered in a truck accident, you may not also have the time and energy to pursue accountability and justice from the trucking companies. Let a truck accident injury attorney in Pittsburgh, PA with Matzus Law, LLC fight to get you the compensation you deserve from a negligent truck driver or trucking company by:
- Collecting and securing evidence from the accident and working with reconstruction and engineering experts to identify what happened in the crash and who can be held liable in your case
- Recording your expenses and losses caused by your injuries to know what fair and full compensation looks like in your case
- Ensuring that you get the medical care and insurance benefits you need
- Filing claims on your behalf against the trucking companies and aggressively pursuing a maximum settlement
- Going to court and to trial in your case when a favorable settlement cannot be reached
Contact Matzus Law, LLC for a Free Case Evaluation to Discuss the Details of the Claims Process with a Truck Accident Injury Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
You should not have to face the trucking companies on your own to demand compensation after an accident. Get the seasoned legal help you need to seek justice for the injuries and losses that you have suffered. Contact our firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer to discuss your rights.
Frequently Asked Questions about Truck Accidents in Pittsburgh
Why do truck accidents happen?
Who is responsible in a truck accident?
Depending on the causes and circumstances in a truck accident, parties who might be subject to liability for your injuries and losses include the truck driver, the trucking company that employed or retained the driver, the truck’s owner (if not the driver or trucking company), the cargo or freight company responsible for loading the truck or trailer, third-party mechanics who perform maintenance on the truck or trailer, the manufacturer of the truck/trailer or third-party manufacturers of parts used on the truck or trailer (such as brakes or tires).
Even if you were partially at fault for a truck accident, you may still seek compensation from the trucking parties so long as your share of fault for the crash is less than or equal to the fault of the party or parties you are pursuing your claim against. However, the total financial recovery you otherwise might be entitled to for your expenses and losses can be reduced in proportion to your share of fault for the accident. That means if you were 20 percent at fault for the accident, you can only recover 80 percent of your losses.
The Pennsylvania statute of limitations on truck accident lawsuits normally gives you only two years from the date of the crash to file suit against the at-fault trucking parties. If you file a lawsuit after the statute of limitations has expired on your claim, your suit will likely end up being dismissed as untimely, and you may lose your rights to recover compensation for your injuries and property damage. This makes it critical to begin working with a truck accident injury attorney in Pittsburgh, PA with Matzus Law, LLC as soon as possible to ensure that your rights to seek financial recovery are preserved.