Table of Contents
- Client-Focused Slip and Fall Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Assists Clients with Holding Property Owners Accountable for Causing Injury Through Dangerous Conditions of Their Premises in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
- Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Most Frequently Occur
- Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
- Injuries Suffered in Slip and Fall Accidents
- What Will a Pittsburgh Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC Do to Help You with Your Case
- Contact Us for a Free Case Review to Learn More about Your Options for Financial Recovery From a Slip and Fall Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
- Frequently Asked Questions about Slip and Fall Accidents in Pittsburgh
Client-Focused Slip and Fall Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Assists Clients with Holding Property Owners Accountable for Causing Injury Through Dangerous Conditions of Their Premises in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
Did you slip and fall on someone else’s property? If the fall was caused by a dangerous condition of the premises, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries and losses. Slip and falls have the potential to cause serious, life-altering injuries. A Pittsburgh slip and fall accident lawyer with Matzus Law, LLC will help you obtain financial recovery for the expenses and losses you incurred due to your injuries.
With over 20 years of legal experience, our firm has been focused on helping clients injured through no fault of their own seek accountability and justice from those responsible for accidents. If you do not know where to turn or what steps to take to recover compensation for your injuries, our seasoned legal team is here to provide you with the answers and solutions you need.
After being injured in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you deserve to learn more about your legal rights for seeking financial compensation for your injury losses. Contact Matzus Law, LLC for a free initial claim evaluation to speak to a Pittsburgh slip and fall accident lawyer to learn about what to expect at each stage of your slip and fall case.
Injured and Have Questions? We Can Help. Tell Us What Happened. Call (412) 206-5300 Or Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form.
Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Most Frequently Occur
Although a slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, they most commonly occur in public places that see a lot of foot traffic. Examples of places that frequently have slip-and-fall accidents include:
- Grocery stores and supermarkets
- Bars, clubs, and restaurants
- Hardware stores and garden centers
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities
- Office and government buildings
- Public sidewalks
- Recreational parks
- Swimming pools
- Amusement parks
- Parking lots and garages
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Common causes of slip or trip and fall accidents in Pittsburgh include:
- Recently cleaned, mopped, or waxed floors
- Snow and ice
- Tracked-in water, mud, or plant debris
- Spilled food or drink
- Spilled oily or greasy substances
- Loose or torn carpeting or rugs
- Broken or loose hardwood or tile flooring
- Uneven flooring surfaces, such as half-steps
- Broken steps or staircases
- Transitions between flooring surfaces, such as stepping from the carpet onto the marble flooring
- Broken, uneven pavement and potholes
- Wet grass
- Cords or wires were strewn across walking paths
- Trash or debris on the ground
- Open cabinet doors or drawers or other furniture blocking walking paths
- Malfunctioning elevators or escalators
- Low lighting
- Lack of moisture-absorbing or anti-slip mats
Injuries Suffered in Slip and Fall Accidents
At Matzus Law, LLC, we know that a slip and fall accident has the potential to cause far more serious injuries than just a few scrapes and bruises. A fall can result in life-altering physical injuries such as:
- Severe lacerations and scarring
- Dislocated joints
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones, including compound fractures
- Nerve injury
- Herniated spinal discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Find Out What Your Case is Worth. Call (412) 206-5300 Or Fill Out Our Online Contact Form For a Free Consultation.
What Will a Pittsburgh Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC Do to Help You with Your Case
After being injured on someone else’s property in a slip-and-fall accident, you need seasoned legal counsel to help you recover the compensation you need after incurring expenses and losses. When you turn to a slip and fall attorney in Pittsburgh, PA from Matzus Law, LLC to represent you in your claim, you can expect that our legal team will zealously pursue maximum financial recovery for you by:
- Recovering evidence from the accident that we can use to prove the liability of the property owner and other parties
- Identifying at-fault parties and applicable insurance coverages
- Documenting your injuries and losses to have the records needed to demand full compensation on your behalf
- Pursuing financial recovery for you through a negotiated settlement or by going to court and trial in your case if necessary
Contact Us for a Free Case Review to Learn More about Your Options for Financial Recovery From a Slip and Fall Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
If you suffered a slip and fall due to a dangerous condition on somebody else’s property, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries and losses. Reach out to Matzus Law, LLC today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal options with a Pittsburgh slip and fall accident lawyer from our firm.
Frequently Asked Questions about Slip and Fall Accidents in Pittsburgh
Normally, the owner of a property where a slip and fall accident takes place is held liable for the accident when the fall is caused by a dangerous or defective condition of the property that was created or permitted to exist due to the property owner’s negligence. However, depending on the circumstances in your case, other parties may have liability for your injuries, such as a business or residential tenant that leased the premises where your fall occurred, property management companies responsible for overseeing the premises, or a contracted maintenance company responsible for cleaning up or fixing hazards that might cause a slip and fall.
Possibly yes. Under Pennsylvania law, a person may still pursue a claim for compensation for injuries they were partly at fault for, so long as they were equally or less responsible than the party or parties they are seeking compensation from for causing those injuries. But if you were partly responsible for the accident, the compensation you would be entitled to for your injuries and losses might be decreased in proportion to your share of fault. For example, if you are found to have been 15 percent at fault for the accident, you can only recover 85 percent of your expenses and losses from your injuries.
Typically, you have two years from the date of a slip and fall accident to file a lawsuit against the property owner or other liable parties. Filing suit after this two-year period has elapsed may result in your case being permanently dismissed and you lose your opportunity to seek financial recovery from those parties at fault for the accident.