Table of Contents
- Experienced Drunk Driver Accident Attorney Protects Your Rights and Handles Complex Cases in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
- Our Firm Can Help You Recover The Compensation You Deserve
- How an Experienced Drunk Driver Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Will Help You
- We Will Help You Collect Rightful Compensation for The Injuries You Suffered in a Drunk Driving Accident
- Contact Matzus Law, LLC and Our Drunk Driver Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Today
- Frequently Asked Questions about Drunk Driving Accidents in Pennsylvania
Experienced Drunk Driver Accident Attorney Protects Your Rights and Handles Complex Cases in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
Driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs is a serious offense. It puts you and other road users in danger and can lead to fatalities and substantial physical harm. If you drive while intoxicated, your driving ability, judgment, and reaction times will all be seriously impaired. Alcohol also lowers your inhibition and can lead to reckless driving. If you were injured in an accident involving a drunk driver or injured someone while driving, we can help. The experienced Pittsburgh drunk driving accident lawyer at Matzus Law, LLC, can help you file a claim, recover financial compensation, and protect your rights after a drunk driving accident. Contact us today for a free case evaluation and to learn more about the law and how we can help you.
Our Firm Can Help You Recover The Compensation You Deserve
If you were harmed in any way by an intoxicated driver, you can file an insurance claim for compensation. Depending on the specifics of your case, you may even have grounds for a criminal complaint against the driver in question. The dedicated legal team at Matzus Law, LLC and our Pittsburgh drunk driving accident lawyer will fight for maximum recovery and we will strive to win compensation for all the damages you are eligible for, including:
- Damage to your vehicle or other property
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Care services in case of serious or permanent injuries or disabilities
- Lost income or lower earning potential
- Pain, suffering, emotional trauma, and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium and funeral/burial expenses in case of an accident-related fatality
How an Experienced Drunk Driver Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Will Help You
Accident victims often assume that if the driver that caused their accident was intoxicated, that driver will be liable for all accident-related losses and damages. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. The at-fault driver’s legal team will fight to protect their client, and you must prove that some sort of negligence occurred on behalf of the drunk driver to win the full compensation you deserve. Pennsylvania is a no-fault state. This means you and the at-fault driver can both be compensated for your losses after an accident – irrespective of who caused it. However, there are limits to no-fault insurance coverage, and there are certain loss categories that may not be included – categories in which you may have suffered damages.
To ensure that we win the maximum compensation allowed for you by the law, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident
- Gather evidence such as photos, videos, and eyewitness statements
- Reconstruct the accident using experts to determine how it unfolded
- File your insurance claim for you
- Handle all accident-related communications, filings, negotiations, and court appearances – if any – on your behalf
We Will Help You Collect Rightful Compensation for The Injuries You Suffered in a Drunk Driving Accident
It is against the law to drink and drive. Depending on the drunk driver’s blood alcohol content, age, prior convictions, and the extent of damages or injury they cause in an accident, they can face penalties that include fines, jail time, a license suspension, probation, community service, and mandatory attendance at safety school.
While Pennsylvania is a no-fault state, these penalties can be used as part of your legal strategy to get an at-fault party to admit wrongdoing and willingly concede fault for your accident. This can help when seeking compensation for accident-related damages such as:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Lost income and lower earning potential
- Pain, suffering, and emotional/mental trauma
- Loss of a loved one
- Funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
We will help you quantify your losses and determine how much compensation you are entitled to based on the insurance policies you carry and any other applicable policies that may apply to your accident. To learn more, contact a drunk driving accident attorney in Pittsburgh, PA at Matzus Law, LLC so that we can review your accident, gather evidence, and start putting a case together designed to protect your rights and maximize the compensation you can win.
Contact Matzus Law, LLC and Our Drunk Driver Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Today
Motor vehicle accidents can be devastating, but you aren’t alone. Contact our Pittsburgh drunk driving accident lawyer today for assistance with your case. A drunk driving accident attorney in Pittsburgh, PA at our firm will walk you through everything you need to know about your case and we will protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call us today for a free, no-obligation case consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions about Drunk Driving Accidents in Pennsylvania
Driving while drunk is a violation of Pennsylvania’s traffic laws, but the drunk driver that caused your accident will not always be automatically liable for your losses. You need to prove negligence and demonstrate how much you lost in the accident for the other driver to be liable – especially since Pennsylvania’s no-fault laws can absolve the other driver from having to pay anything. It all depends on the case specifics and the extent of your losses. It is also possible that another party – including you – was partially responsible for the accident, so you should consult with an experienced Pittsburgh drunk driving accident lawyer with Matzus Law, LLC so that we can handle your case for you.
It depends on the severity of your losses and the limits of your insurance. Depending on how serious your injuries are and how much insurance coverage you have, you could receive a few thousand to hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation. A skilled drunk driving accident attorney in Pittsburgh, PA from our firm can help you navigate the complexities of drunk driving and no-fault laws in Pittsburgh, so contact us today to learn more about what damages you can claim compensation for and how to handle the legal, financial, and other aspects of your case.