Table of Contents
- Experienced Defective Product Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Works Tirelessly to Hold Manufacturers Accountable for Putting Dangerous Products on the Market that Injure Clients in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
- Types of Product Liability Claims
- Most Frequently Defective and Dangerous Products
- Compensation Recoverable in a Product Liability Case
- Turn to a Pittsburgh Product Liability Lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC for Help in Preparing and Pursuing Your Legal Case
- Contact Our Firm Today for a Free Claim Evaluation to Learn about Your Legal Rights for a Product Liability Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
- Frequently Asked Questions about Product Liability in Pittsburgh
Experienced Defective Product Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Works Tirelessly to Hold Manufacturers Accountable for Putting Dangerous Products on the Market that Injure Clients in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
Manufacturers of products are expected to ensure that the goods they put on the market are safe for use. When products are defectively designed or manufactured or come with inadequate instructions and warnings, injured consumers deserve to hold manufacturers, retailers, and other liable parties accountable. A Pittsburgh product liability lawyer at Matzus Law, LLC can help you stand up to the big corporations to obtain the financial recovery you deserve after being hurt by a defective product.
Reach out to us for a free initial case review to learn more about the process of pursuing compensation for your expenses and losses. Our firm stands ready to provide you with the support you need through each phase of your recovery from your injuries. For more than 20 years, we have fought for what is fair for our clients and for the case results they need and deserve.
Types of Product Liability Claims
There are three basic legal theories that can be asserted in a product liability case:
- Design defect: A design defect claim alleges that the specifications of a product make it inherently dangerous for its intended or foreseeable uses. With a defective design, all products sharing that specific design are unsafe.
- Manufacturing defect: A manufacturing defect claim alleges that errors in the manufacturing or assembly process resulted in a product not meeting the design specification and thereby being unsafe for the product’s intended use. A manufacturing defect may affect only a single example of a product, or it can affect entire production runs of a product.
- Failure-to-warn: A failure to warn claim, also sometimes called a failure-to-instruction or instructional or advertising defect claim, alleges that the manufacturer and/or retailer failed to provide adequate instructions to ensure the safe use of a product or adequate warnings regarding the risk and hazards of using the product.
Most Frequently Defective and Dangerous Products
A defective product attorney in Pittsburgh, PA with the law firm of Matzus Law, LLC can assist you with pursuing a product liability claim that involves:
- Dangerous Children’s Products, including:
- Baby Formula Lawsuits
- Button Battery Injury
- Dangerous Toys
- Hoverboard Fire Injury
- Furniture and TV Tipping Injuries
- Defective Guns
- Defective Auto Parts and Safety Equipment, including:
- Guardrail Injuries
- Defective Machinery, including:
- Amusement Park Rides
- Peloton Treadmill
- Defective Medical Devices, including:
- CPAP Machines
- IVC Filters
- Transvaginal Mesh
- Mass Tort/Dangerous Drugs, including:
- Asbestos – Mesothelioma
- Elmiron – Vision Damage
- Lumber Liquidators Flooring – Cancer
- Roundup – Cancer
- Talcum – Cancer
- Topamax – Birth Defects
- Power Line and Electrical Injuries
- And more
Compensation Recoverable in a Product Liability Case
After you have been injured by a dangerous, defective product, a defective product attorney in Pittsburgh, PA can help you to secure a financial recovery for the expenses and losses you incurred due to your injuries, including for:
- Medical expenses
- Rehab expenses
- Costs of long-term medical and personal care if you suffer disabilities because of your injuries
- Ongoing and future losses of income and employment benefits
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Physical disabilities and visible scarring or disfigurement
Turn to a Pittsburgh Product Liability Lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC for Help in Preparing and Pursuing Your Legal Case
If you need to demand financial compensation from corporations that put defective and dangerous products on the market, you need experienced legal representation capable of handling even the most complex product liability cases. A defective product attorney in Pittsburgh, PA at our firm can help you demand full compensation for your injuries and losses by:
- Investigating the circumstances of your injuries, including bringing in nationally-recognized engineering experts who can persuasively explain how the product that injured you was defective
- Fully documenting your expenses and losses to have records to back up your claim for compensation
- Presenting your legal demands to the manufacturer and their insurers to begin pursuing financial recovery for you through a settlement
- Fighting your case in court and at trial when necessary to obtain the best possible results for you
Contact Our Firm Today for a Free Claim Evaluation to Learn about Your Legal Rights for a Product Liability Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
Do not put off speaking to a Pittsburgh product liability lawyer about starting a claim against a manufacturer that put out a dangerous product that injured you. Contact Matzus Law, LLC today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our firm can help you stand up to big corporations to demand the justice you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions about Product Liability in Pittsburgh
State law imposes strict liability for defective products, which means that you only need to prove that you were injured by a product that was unsafe for its intended uses and that the product left the liable party’s possession in a defective condition and was not subsequently modified to become defective or unsafe. However, you can also pursue a product liability case based on negligence, where you must prove that the manufacturer or other party failed to exercise reasonable care in the design or fabrication/assembly of the product or in instructing or warning consumers regarding the product’s use.
Any party in the “chain of commerce” that brings a defective product to the market for purchase by the ultimate intended consumer can be held liable in a product liability case, so long as the product enters and leaves the party’s possession or custody in a defective condition. Typically, manufacturers of defective products are held liable in product liability cases, although other parties such as wholesalers or retailers might also be subject to liability.
Normally, you have two years from the date that you were injured by a defective product to file a lawsuit, although this two-year period may not begin to run until you have discovered the defect and your injury (for example, if you were harmed by a defective medical implant). However, no product liability lawsuit arising from a defective improvement to real property may be filed more than 12 years after the completion of construction or renovation. To ensure that your product liability case is timely pursued, you should reach out to a defective product attorney in Pittsburgh, PA with Matzus Law, LLC as soon as possible.