Table of Contents
- Medical Negligence Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Helps Clients Pursue Accountability for Harm Caused by the Errors of Healthcare Professionals in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
- Medical Malpractice Cases We Can Help With
- What Financial Recovery Can You Obtain in a Medical Negligence Claim?
- Turn to a Pittsburgh Medical Malpractice Lawyer at Our Firm for Experienced Legal Assistance with the Steps of Pursuing Your Claim
- Contact Matzus Law, LLC for a Free Claim Evaluation to Learn More about Your Rights from Our Medical Negligence Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
- Frequently Asked Questions about Medical Malpractice in Pittsburgh
Medical Negligence Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Helps Clients Pursue Accountability for Harm Caused by the Errors of Healthcare Professionals in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
When you are feeling unwell or have been diagnosed with a medical condition, you trust your healthcare providers to provide you with treatment that will improve your well-being. However, doctors and other healthcare professionals are human and are just as susceptible to making mistakes. But when those mistakes are caused by carelessness or recklessness, a Pittsburgh medical malpractice lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC will fight to get you the accountability and justice you deserve.
For over 20 years, our firm has been devoted to advocating for the interests of hard-working people like you who have been harmed due to no fault of their own. In a medical malpractice claim, you need experienced, battle-tested legal representation to ensure you have the best chance at a favorable outcome. Our legal team has a proven track record of success in some of the most complex injury and malpractice cases. We know that you place your trust in us when you hire our firm to handle your medical malpractice claim. You can expect us to be at your side at every step of your journey to recovery.
If you have been harmed by negligent medical care, a compassionate Pittsburgh medical malpractice lawyer can help you demand accountability from your doctors and healthcare providers. Reach out to Matzus Law, LLC for a free initial case review to discuss how our firm can make a difference in the outcome of your case.
Medical Malpractice Cases We Can Help With
A medical negligence attorney in Pittsburgh, PA from Matzus Law, LLC will fight to hold your medical providers responsible for their negligence. We represent clients in medical malpractice cases involving:
- Hospital negligence
- Anesthesia errors
- Diagnostic errors
- Emergency Room Errors
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Acute compartment syndrome
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Medication errors
- Pharmacy errors
- Physician malpractice, including negligence by family doctors/general practitioners, pediatricians, OB/GYNs, neurologists, and oncologists
- Nursing malpractice
- Radiology errors
- Surgical errors, including wrong site surgery, wrong procedure/wrong patient, surgical site infections, and equipment left inside patients
- Birth injuries, including birth asphyxia, hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), placenta previa, birth defects, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, forceps injuries, umbilical cord injuries, prenatal misdiagnosis, C-section injuries, or birth injuries to mothers
- Delayed diagnosis of cancers such as breast cancer, cervical cancer, colon cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer
- Failure to diagnose/delayed diagnosis of illnesses such as brain injuries, strokes, heart attacks, pulmonary embolisms, and infections
- Failure to perform medical treatment, including failures to perform proper testing, biopsies, or MRIs
What Financial Recovery Can You Obtain in a Medical Negligence Claim?
If you were the victim of medical malpractice, let a Pittsburgh medical malpractice lawyer at Matzus Law help you obtain the full financial recovery you need to treat the injuries or harm you have suffered. Our firm will fight to ensure you receive maximum compensation for:
- Costs of additional medical treatment needed for harm or injuries caused by medical negligence
- Costs of long-term care if you suffer permanent impairments or disabilities
- Lost income from additional missed work while you recover from the medical consequences of negligent care
- Loss of future earning capacity if you cannot return to your job due to the injuries or medical conditions you suffered from negligent treatment
- Additional pain and suffering caused by your injuries or medical conditions
- Reduced enjoyment and quality of life because of disabilities, scarring/disfigurement, or lost life expectancy
Turn to a Pittsburgh Medical Malpractice Lawyer at Our Firm for Experienced Legal Assistance with the Steps of Pursuing Your Claim
Successfully recovering compensation in a medical malpractice case often requires extensive experience, legal knowledge, and resources to thoroughly prepare a claim for compensation. After you have been injured or suffered medical complications from negligent healthcare, get the battle-tested legal counsel you need to hold providers and hospitals accountable. Let a medical negligence attorney in Pittsburgh, PA go to work on your medical malpractice claim by:
- Collecting all available evidence in your case, including your medical records, provider treatment notes, staffing records, witness statements, staffing records, and expert testimony provided by nationally-renowned leaders in the medical field
- Documenting the injuries and losses you suffered from negligent care so that we ensure we obtain the full financial recovery you need now and into the future
- Determining what party or parties should be held liable in your case
- Preparing and filing your claims and demands for compensation, and aggressively pursuing a fair and full settlement on your behalf
- Advocating your case in court and at trial when litigation becomes the best path to getting you the justice you deserve
Contact Matzus Law, LLC for a Free Claim Evaluation to Learn More about Your Rights from Our Medical Negligence Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
You deserve justice after being injured or having your medical condition worsen because of a healthcare provider’s malpractice. Contact our firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a Pittsburgh medical malpractice lawyer from our legal team to learn more about your options in your case.
Frequently Asked Questions about Medical Malpractice in Pittsburgh
A medical malpractice claim may be filed against any healthcare provider whose negligence causes you injury or harm. Examples include doctors, physician’s assistants, nurses, physical therapists, mental health professionals, pharmacists, laboratory technicians, and radiology technicians. In addition, hospitals, medical practices, and other healthcare facilities can also be held liable in a medical malpractice claim, either through employer negligence for the conduct of their employees, or for the entity’s own direct negligence that caused you to suffer harm.
Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations typically gives you two years from the date that you were harmed by negligent medical care, or two years from the date that you discovered the harm that was caused by a medical provider’s negligence. In addition to the statute of limitations, you may also be subject to shorter notice deadlines if you have a medical malpractice claim against a government-owned and run hospital or healthcare facility. You should talk to a medical negligence attorney in Pittsburgh, PA with Matzus Law, LLC as soon as possible to make sure that you file your claim before the statute of limitations runs out on your case.