Table of Contents
- Dangerous Medical Device Attorney Handles Product Liability Cases of All Kinds in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
- Dangerous Medical Device Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Can Handle Your Case When Medical Equipment Causes You Significant Harm
- Experienced Dangerous Medical Device Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Handles All Types of Defective Medical Device Claims
- Common Defective Medical Device Injury Claims We Can Help You With
- Frequently Asked Questions About Defective Medical Device Legal Claims in Pennsylvania
Dangerous Medical Device Attorney Handles Product Liability Cases of All Kinds in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
As expensive as it is, medical treatment in the United States saves countless lives every year. However, according to numerous studies, including one from Johns Hopkins, medical errors kill approximately a quarter of a million people every year, with the number potentially as high as over 400,000 per year. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, illness, or accident of any kind involving medical treatment or medical devices, contact a Pittsburgh defective medical device injury lawyer with Matzus Law, LLC today for a free case evaluation. Based on the specifics of your case, we will gather evidence, quantify your damages, file a claim, and ensure that you are fully and fairly compensated for all accident-related losses and injuries that you were unfairly made to suffer.
Our attorney has the experience and success rate that your case needs. Jason Matzus is an experienced Pittsburgh product liability attorney with a strong track record of leading complex cases against medical device manufacturers. He has won millions in settlements for clients injured by defective medical devices and can do the same for you. Contact us today for a free case evaluation to find out if you have a valid legal claim.
Dangerous Medical Device Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Can Handle Your Case When Medical Equipment Causes You Significant Harm
In an influential paper titled “Your Health Care May Kill You,” the National Library of Medicine found that medical errors were the third-leading cause of death in the United States. From misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis to medicine mix-ups, dosage errors, human errors, and medical device-related accidents, far too many people are killed every year from preventable causes. The figures for non-fatal accidents are even higher. In fact, the National Safety Council, after studying data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, found that the education and health services industries had more nonfatal injuries and illnesses involving days away from work than any other industry.
Defective medical devices can cause serious harm to patients, often resulting in the need for additional treatment – even death or more serious injuries and illnesses. With the help of an experienced Pittsburgh defective medical device injury lawyer, you can seek the compensation you deserve for the losses and expenses you were unfairly and unnecessarily made to suffer.
Experienced Dangerous Medical Device Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Handles All Types of Defective Medical Device Claims
Most defective medical device claims fall into one of the following categories:
- Design Claims: Poor design that leads to harm to the user, in which case the product designer may be liable for losses and damages suffered by a victim.
- Marketing Claims: Medical device marketers are expected—and required—to warn healthcare providers and patients of the performance, outcomes, and risks associated with using their products. A failure to warn a user of potential risks can lead to liability on the part of a marketer for injuries or losses that the user could not or did not expect via unclear or intentionally misleading advertising.
- Manufacturing Claims: Medical device manufacturers are expected to build and only sell products that are safe to use. Production errors, the use of low-quality materials, and failures in quality assurance can all lead to dangerous outcomes for patients for which a manufacturer may be at fault.
- Healthcare Worker Claims: If a doctor, nurse, or other health provider does not have the training required to use a medical device, or if a medical device is not properly maintained, serviced, or calibrated, and a patient suffers an adverse outcome as a result, the healthcare worker or the institution for which they work can potentially be held liable for the patient’s losses.
A qualified Pittsburgh defective medical device injury lawyer at Matzus Law, LLC can help you identify what kind of medical device claim you potentially have. Our dangerous medical device attorneys in Pittsburgh, PA will handle your claim from start to finish so that you are fully and fairly compensated for your medical device-related losses and injuries.
Common Defective Medical Device Injury Claims We Can Help You With
A Pittsburgh defective medical device injury lawyer at Matzus Law, LLC has deep knowledge of medical device cases and claims involving defects in devices, such as:
- Mesh implants, including pelvic, vaginal, and transvaginal
- Knee replacement devices
- Heart defibrillators
- Diabetes pumps
- Birth control devices
- Kidney/dialysis machines
- Hip replacement devices
- And more…
If you or a loved one was injured due to the use of a defective medical device, contact our team today for a free consultation with an experienced Pittsburgh defective medical device injury lawyer. We will review your case at no cost and will work with subject matter experts to determine the validity of your claim. If you have grounds for a claim, we will build a comprehensive case for you and will fight to recover the maximum compensation allowable by law.
Frequently Asked Questions About Defective Medical Device Legal Claims in Pennsylvania
As long as you can connect a certain loss or category of damages to a device-related accident or injury, you can include it in your claim. Most medical device claim cases involve compensation for everything from lost wages and additional medical expenses to future medical expenses, the lost capacity to earn, pain, suffering, the loss in the quality of your life, and emotional distress, to name a few. Speak with an experienced Pittsburgh defective medical device lawyer at our firm to identify the specific damages that you are eligible to recover. We offer free consultations for injury victims and will identify then quantify your losses so that we can submit a compensation claim for the same on your behalf. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to court and will represent you in all court proceedings and negotiations until a final ruling for your claim is reached.
No. Pennsylvania law does not require you to prove negligence when you file a claim for the damages you’ve suffered due to a defective medical device. Under the principle of strict liability, a medical device manufacturer can still be liable for your injuries if they can be proven to have manufactured a product that can harm users, and you will not have to prove negligence to win compensation for your injuries. However, keep in mind that these manufacturers and their insurers will likely mount a strong counter-campaign against you to avoid paying for your injuries. Medical device injuries can be costly to treat, but losing a case can be even more costly. Cases in point include awards of $41 million and $57.1 million that our team won for the victims of defective medical devices. That being said, you can expect stiff resistance against any claim you file, so contact a Pittsburgh defective medical device injury lawyer at our firm for immediate assistance with your case.