Table of Contents
- Experienced Semi Truck Accident Lawsuit Attorney Seeks Compensation for Victims of Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
- Common Causes of Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents Are Complex
- Pittsburgh Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Devoted to Your Recovery After an 18-Wheeler Accident in PA
- Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents in PA
Experienced Semi Truck Accident Lawsuit Attorney Seeks Compensation for Victims of Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
Tractor-trailers, or 18-wheelers, are one of the leading causes of serious injuries in motor vehicle accidents. A collision with one of these large and heavy vehicles on our roads and highways often leads to devastating injuries and fatalities. If you or a loved one has been injured in a tractor-trailer accident or any other type of truck accident, you are not alone. An experienced Pittsburgh tractor-trailer accident lawyer with Matzus Law, LLC can guide you through the complex claims process and protect your rights to obtain full compensation for your injuries. We have extensive experience holding truck drivers, truck mechanics, trucking companies, loading companies, and other third parties responsible for their negligence.
Injured and Have Questions? We Can Help. Tell Us What Happened. Call (412) 206-5300 Or Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form.
Retaining a lawyer as soon as possible after a tractor-trailer accident is very important because there is certain evidence, such as data from the “black box” that can be destroyed or automatically deleted from the electronic data recorder’s memory. Tractor-trailer companies and their insurance carriers have specialized teams of lawyers and investigators that literally are deployed to the scene as soon as possible, sometimes the very same day to begin protecting their rights. You need an experienced Pittsburgh tractor-trailer accident lawyer from Matzus Law, LLC on your side to protect your rights.
Common Causes of Tractor-Trailer Accidents
In many cases, tractor-trailer accidents are considered preventable and typically caused by the negligence of one or more parties in the trucking industry.
Tractor-trailer accidents are most commonly caused by:
- Truck Driver Fatigue – A truck driver must take mandatory rest breaks and is prohibited from exceeding the maximum driving hours in a day.
- Driver Negligence – Speeding, driving under the influence, driving while texting or using a cell phone, and improper lane changes are all examples of driver negligence.
- Overloaded Trailer and Failure to Secure Cargo – Excessive cargo that exceeds weight limits can delay braking, scatter debris on roads, and reduce maneuverability. Likewise, cargo that isn’t safely secured can become dislodged, and strike other vehicles on the roadway.
- Poor Truck Maintenance and Repairs – Trucks are required to receive regular maintenance and inspections to ensure these vehicles are safe to operate. To save money, trucking companies may not perform the necessary maintenance, repairs, and inspections and put unsafe tractor trailers and other trucks on the road.
- Driving in Unsafe Weather – Snow, fog or excessive rain can create dangerous driving conditions for all motor vehicles, especially tractor-trailers and commercial vehicles, such as coal trucks and tri-axles. There are “Rules of the Road” that require tractor-trailer drivers to pull off the road under certain bad weather conditions.
Tractor-Trailer Accidents Are Complex
Tractor-trailer accidents are complex because they often require extensive resources to investigate a claim. An attorney must be able to determine whether state and federal regulations were violated by analyzing maintenance records, driver logs, a truck’s “black box” (electronic data recorder), and other pertinent information. There is a wealth of data and evidence that must be evaluated with the help of accident reconstruction experts.
Find Out What Your Case is Worth. Call (412) 206-5300 Or Fill Out Our Online Contact Form For a Free Consultation.
Pittsburgh Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Devoted to Your Recovery After an 18-Wheeler Accident in PA
We are dedicated to helping you get back on the road to recovery. Contact a Pittsburgh tractor-trailer accident lawyer at our firm today to learn more about pursuing compensation for your medical bills, missed wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents in PA
Why do truck accidents happen?
Who is responsible in a truck accident?