Table of Contents
- Dedicated Auto Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Holds Negligent Drivers Accountable for Causing Accidents That Injure Our Clients in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
- Common Causes of Car Accidents in Pittsburgh
- Types of Injuries Suffered by Car Crash Victims
- Seeking Financial Recovery After Being Involved in a Car Wreck
- Let a Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyer from Our Firm Handle the Details of Preparing and Pursuing Your Case
- Contact Matzus Law, LLC for a Free Case Evaluation to Speak with an Auto Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA about Your Rights
- Frequently Asked Questions about Car Accidents in Pittsburgh
Dedicated Auto Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Holds Negligent Drivers Accountable for Causing Accidents That Injure Our Clients in Allegheny County and Across Pennsylvania
Car accidents are unfortunately a common occurrence in Pittsburgh. According to PennDOT, in one recent year, there were approximately 10,000 auto crashes in Pittsburgh County, which included about 6,200 accidents involving injuries and another 154 accidents resulting in fatalities. A car accident can lead to significant property damage and life-altering injuries. You should not be responsible for the financial consequences of a car accident that was caused by another motorist’s negligence. Let a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer with Matzus Law, LLC help you obtain accountability and justice after a serious wreck.
For more than 20 years, our firm has fought for the interests of injury victims in Pittsburgh and throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We are focused on protecting not only your financial security but also your physical and emotional well-being. Our personalized approach to legal representation means that we provide you with the support and resources you need at each stage of your case and recovery.
After you have been injured in a car crash that was caused by another negligent driver or another party’s fault, turn to Matzus Law, LLC to get the legal representation you need to demand a full financial recovery. Reach out to our firm for a free initial consultation to learn more about how we can assist you in seeking compensation for the losses that you have suffered due to a car accident.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Pittsburgh
Many car accidents occur due to a driver’s negligent vehicle operation. Examples of the most frequent causes of car crashes in Pittsburgh include:
- Reckless driving, such as excessive speeding, street racing, or weaving in and out of traffic
- Distracted driving, especially using a cell phone while driving
- Drowsy/fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Not signaling or checking mirrors when turning or changing lanes
- Backing up without looking behind
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Other causes of car accidents include auto defects, adverse weather, and bad road conditions such as potholes or black ice.
Types of Injuries Suffered by Car Crash Victims
A car crash can cause a wide range of physical injuries. At Matzus Law, LLC, we can help you seek financial recovery for trauma such as:
- Lacerations and scarring
- Burns (from vehicle fires)
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament, tendon, and muscle injuries
- Herniated disc injuries
- Nerve damage
- Whiplash injury
- Internal injuries and internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Fatal injuries and death
Seeking Financial Recovery After Being Involved in a Car Wreck
In a car accident claim, you may be entitled to obtain financial compensation for expenses and personal losses resulting from the accident, including for:
- Costs to repair damage to your car, or reimbursement for the value of your vehicle if it was totaled in the accident
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation of injuries
- Costs of long-term care for disabilities that may result from injuries
- Ongoing and future losses of wages or income when you cannot work due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life because of visible scarring/disfigurement or permanent disabilities that interfere with daily living
Let a Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyer from Our Firm Handle the Details of Preparing and Pursuing Your Case
When you have been seriously injured in a car crash, you deserve to focus your time and energy on your medical treatment and rehabilitation. But when another driver or party was at fault for the accident, you also deserve to recover compensation for your expenses and losses. An auto accident attorney in Pittsburgh, PA with Matzus Law, LLC will promptly go to work on your behalf to pursue maximum financial recovery for you by:
- Recovering evidence from the accident scene and working with high-caliber accident reconstruction experts to determine what happened in the crash and identify the party or parties at fault
- Determining applicable insurance coverages and other sources of compensation for your expenses
- Documenting your injuries and past, ongoing, and future losses to know what kind of financial compensation to pursue for you
- Filing insurance and legal claims in your case to begin negotiating a settlement that pays you the fair and full financial recovery you need
- Pursuing litigation in court when going to trial represents the best option for demanding the results you deserve in your case
Contact Matzus Law, LLC for a Free Case Evaluation to Speak with an Auto Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA about Your Rights
You deserve to receive compensation for your medical bills, vehicle repairs, lost income, and pain and suffering after you were involved in a car crash due to the fault of another party. Contact our firm today for a free, no-obligation claim review to go over your legal options with a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer.
Frequently Asked Questions about Car Accidents in Pittsburgh
Under state law, you may still pursue a car accident claim so long as you were not more at fault for causing the crash than the party or parties that you are filing your claim against. However, any compensation that you might be entitled to may be reduced in proportion to your share of fault for causing the accident.
In Pittsburgh, you normally have only two years from the date of a car crash to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver or party. If you wait too long to file suit, you run the risk that your case will be dismissed for being untimely and you will lose your right to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
Ideally, you should never accept a settlement from the insurance company without first speaking with a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer. Although getting quick compensation after a car crash can seem helpful, an early settlement offer from the insurance company rarely provides the full financial recovery you need and deserve. An auto accident attorney in Pittsburgh, PA with Matzus Law, LLC can help you better understand the true value of your case and review the terms of any settlement you are offered to advise whether it provides fair compensation for you.