The birth of a child is a joyous occasion for any family. However, when something goes wrong during labor or delivery, it can have devastating consequences for both the child and the parents. Birth injuries can lead to lifelong physical, cognitive, and emotional challenges and can also cause financial strain due to the costs of ongoing medical care and therapies. If your child has suffered a birth injury, you may be wondering what your options are for seeking justice and compensation. This is where a birth injury attorney can help.
What is a birth injury?
Any injury that a baby sustains during labor or delivery is a “birth injury.” The size and position of the baby, the length of labor, and the use of medical interventions like forceps or vacuum extractors are just a few of the factors that can contribute to these injuries. Some common birth injuries include:
1. Cerebral Palsy:
A neurological disorder that affects movement and coordination
2. Erb’s Palsy:
Damage to the nerves that control the arm and hand
3. Brachial plexus injuries:
Damage to the nerves that control the shoulder, arm, and hand
4. Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE):
5. Skull fractures:
6. Facial paralysis:
Use of an epidural anesthetic, prolonged labor, and the size of the infant can all cause this
7. Injury to mother:
How can a birth injury attorney help you and your child receive compensation and justice?
If you suspect that your child has suffered a birth injury, it’s important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. A birth injury attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process and ensure you receive the compensation and support you need to care for your child.
- Investigating the cause of the injury: A birth injury attorney will work with medical experts to determine the cause of your child’s injury. This may involve reviewing medical records, consulting with doctors and other specialists, and conducting an independent investigation.
- Determining liability: If your child’s injury was caused by medical negligence or malpractice, a birth injury attorney can help you determine who is liable. This may include the doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals involved in your child’s care.
- Negotiating a settlement: In many cases, a birth injury case can be settled out of court. A birth injury attorney can help you negotiate a fair settlement with the responsible parties and their insurance companies.
- Representing you in court: If a settlement cannot be reached, your birth injury attorney can represent you in court. They will present your case to a judge or jury and argue on your behalf to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Matzus Law, LLC Today For a Free Consultation About Your Birth Injury Lawsuit
Looking for a birth injury attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and fight for your rights? At Matzus Law, LLC, we understand that birth injuries can be devastating for both the child and their family. That’s why we are committed to providing compassionate, personalized legal representation to help you seek justice and compensation. Our team of experienced birth injury attorneys has a deep understanding of the medical, legal, and emotional aspects of these cases. We will work tirelessly to investigate the cause of your child’s injury, determine liability, and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
But we don’t just stop there. We also provide ongoing support and guidance to help you and your family navigate the challenges of caring for a child with a birth injury. We can connect you with resources and services to help you access the medical care and therapy your child needs, as well as financial assistance to cover the costs of ongoing care. At Matzus Law, LLC, we believe that every family deserves justice and support in the face of a birth injury. If you need a birth injury attorney in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, or the surrounding areas, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.