Construction Accident Lawyer in Pittsburgh, PA
Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer Representing The Injured Due To Construction Site Accidents in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
The construction industry has one of the highest occupational injury and fatality rates. Although the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has reported a slight decline in construction site injuries, 1 in 10 construction workers are still injured every year. While construction companies “talk the talk” about job site safety, they simply don’t “walk the walk”. Job site safety should be priority Number 1. Sadly, it rarely is and when safety corners get cut, workers get injured or killed. OSHA’s statistics speak to the harsh reality that construction and industrial workers are exposed to unsafe and dangerous work conditions that are preventable.
If you have suffered a serious injury while working on a construction site, gas or oil well work site or another job site, talk to an injury lawyer about your options. At Matzus Law, an experienced industrial accident or construction injury attorney will be able to discuss your rights, assist with investigating the cause, and document evidence to prove liability.
Common Construction Site Accidents
Construction site accidents often occur due to:
- Falls due to the lack of fall safety equipment or faulty fall safety equipment
- Falling objects or debris, including equipment, tools, and materials
- Electrocution or burn injuries, poor wiring methods, electrical arcing
- Fire accidents and explosions
- Scaffolding collapses, roof or structure collapses
- Roofing falls
- Oil or gas well/refinery explosions and fires
- Crane accidents and aerial lift accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Excavation and trenching accidents, cave-ins
- Heavy machinery accidents and equipment defects or failure
When you file a construction accident lawsuit, you may be able to recover additional damages that are not available under workers’ compensation, including past and future lost wages, medical benefits, pain and suffering, and more. A Pittsburgh construction accident lawyer at our law firm can review your claim and advise you on the best action to take for your case.
What to Do After a Construction Accident
When you’ve been injured in a construction accident, it is important to take the right steps to protect your rights and to maximize your chances of a successful claim.
After a construction accident, remember to:
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Notify your employer of your injuries immediately, within 24 hours
- Take pictures, collect witness contact information, and preserve evidence related to your accident
- Before speaking with insurance companies or accepting any settlement offers, consult a knowledgeable attorney about your rights.
Protecting Injured Workers’ Rights
For more than two decades, we have been fighting on behalf of the injured to help them recover full compensation to move forward with their life. When you need a caring team to guide you through the intricate claims process, Matzus Law is here for you.
To learn more about your rights after a construction site accident, contact us.