Medical Malpractice Lawyer Pittsburgh, PA
PA Personal Injury Attorney Seeking Compensation for Victims of Medical Malpractice in Allegheny County, Butler County, Westmoreland County, and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
As patients, we put a lot of trust in our healthcare providers. We trust that they will provide us with competent care and take necessary precautions to ensure our safety. But doctors and hospitals do make preventable mistakes. When this happens, serious injuries or even death can result. Whether you have been injured by physician malpractice or suffered injuries from hospital negligence, Matzus Law LLC can provide essential support through every step of your claim.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions about medical malpractice claims in Pennsylvania, check out the Matzus Law LLC medical malpractice FAQ page.
We can handle any medical malpractice case, including:
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delay in diagnosing cancer (breast, ovarian, melanoma/skin cancer, lung, cervical, colorectal, bowel, osteosarcoma, prostate, uterine)
- Spinal epidural abscess causing paralysis, paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Anesthesia-induced respiratory distress causing death or brain injury (anoxic or hypoxic brain injury)
- Anesthesia medication errors and allergic reactions (failure to monitor anesthesia drug reactions)
- Improper insertion or removal of anesthesia airway tube resulting in loss of airway or vocal cord injury
- Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm or failure to perform screening ultrasound to detect AAA
- Hematoma, abscess or infection causing spinal cord injuries
- Necrotizing fasciitis: misdiagnosis/delayed diagnosis causing limb loss, amputation or death
- Meningitis: misdiagnosis/delayed diagnosis causing paralysis
- Neurologic misdiagnosis or neurosurgical errors causing brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and nerve injuries
- Paralysis following brain surgery, stereotactic brain biopsy or spinal surgery
- Severing common bile duct (CBD) during gall bladder surgery causing peritonitis, sepsis or death
- Colon, bowel or stomach perforation during laparoscopic surgery
- Emergency Room malpractice: failure to diagnose heart attacks, bacterial meningitis, ruptured aneurysms
- Radiology misdiagnosis: misread MRIs, CT scans, X-Rays, Mammograms and Ultrasounds
- Misdiagnosis of chest pain, heart attacks or cardiac tests, such as EKGs, nuclear scans, and stress tests
- Failure to diagnose brain injuries
- Medication errors, adverse drug interactions, and improper dosages
- Surgical errors causing paralysis, spinal cord or nerve injuries, and epidural hematomas or abscess
- Emergency room errors such as failure to diagnose stroke
Challenges of Proving Medical Malpractice
To prove a medical malpractice claim, you must be able to demonstrate that a medical provider deviated from the reasonable standard of care and that this deviation caused serious injuries. Medical malpractice claims are notoriously difficult to prove due to the complexities of medical injuries and even harder to win due to jury bias favoring doctors, nurses, and hospitals. At Matzus Law LLC, we have a certified Physician Assistant on staff and work with nationally renowned and respected medical experts to thoroughly prepare and prove your case.
With more than two decades of experience taking on challenging medical malpractice claims, we are battle-tested, trial-savvy advocates who are well-versed in articulating complex medical cases to juries. Our Pittsburgh medical malpractice attorney regularly lectures and teaches seminars on the latest trial strategies, including the preparation and presentation strategies necessary to prevail in a medical malpractice claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation! Remember: Not Knowing Your Rights Is the Same As Not Having Any
Understand your rights and learn more about seeking compensation through a medical malpractice claim. We provide free initial consultations. Call us or fill out our online contact form today.