Explosion Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Assists Clients with Demanding Financial Recovery and Accountability After Fires or Explosions in Allegheny County and Throughout Pennsylvania
Table of Contents
- Common Causes of Fires and Explosions
- Injuries Suffered in Fires and Explosions
- Who May Be Held Liable for a Fire Injury?
- Financial Recovery You May Be Entitled to For Your Fire Injuries
- Turn to an Explosion Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA for Help Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries and Losses
- Contact Baldwin Matzus, LLC for a Free Case Evaluation to Learn More About Your Legal Rights from a Pittsburgh Fire Injury Lawyer
- Frequently Asked Questions about Fire Injury in Pittsburgh
Have you suffered burns or other injuries in a fire or explosion that was triggered by someone else’s negligence or legal fault? If so, you may have the right to obtain financial recovery for the expenses and losses you’ve incurred due to your injuries. Pursuing a legal claim while also treating and rehabilitating catastrophic injuries can be incredibly taxing on your time and energy. Let a Pittsburgh fire injury lawyer from Matzus Law handle the work of fighting to get you compensation and justice for your injuries. Our firm is dedicated to ensuring you have peace of mind knowing that you case and your future are in the right hands.
Don’t wait another day to begin pursuing a claim for compensation for the injuries and losses you suffered in a fire or explosion. Reach out to Matzus Law for a free initial claim review with a Pittsburgh fire injury lawyer to go over your legal options in your case.
Injured and Have Questions? We Can Help. Tell Us What Happened. Call (412) 206-5300 Or Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form.
Common Causes of Fires and Explosions
Frequent causes of fire and explosion accidents include:
- Unattended cooking appliances or improper use of cooking appliances
- Unattended candles
- Unattended lit cigarettes or cigars
- Unattended bonfires/campfires
- Defective or poorly maintained heating appliances, including space heaters or fireplaces
- Faulty wiring or outlets
- Defective wiring in products or appliances
- Leaking gas lines or natural gas appliances
- Spilled gasoline
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Negligent use of fireworks or pyrotechnics
- Improper storage of flammable gas, liquids, or materials
- Frayed or downed power lines
Injuries Suffered in Fires and Explosions
Injuries that victims of fire and explosion accidents may suffer include:
- Burn injuries
- Smoke inhalation injuries
- Lung damage or lung collapse
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage
- Vision or hearing loss
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic amputation or loss of a limb from severe injury
Who May Be Held Liable for a Fire Injury?
Depending on the circumstances of an accident, there may be various parties who potentially could be held liable to you for injuries that you suffered in a fire or explosion. Examples of parties who are held liable for fire injuries include:
- Negligent drivers who can be held liable for fire injuries suffered following a motor vehicle accident
- Property and business owners who can be held liable for fires and explosions resulting from dangerous conditions of their premises
- Construction companies who may be held liable for fires caused by defective electrical workmanship
- Events companies who may have liability for injuries caused by accidents involving fireworks, pyrotechnics, or other equipment that triggers a fire or explosion
- Manufacturers who can be held liable for injuries suffered in fires or explosions caused by defective products
Financial Recovery You May Be Entitled to For Your Fire Injuries
If you suffered serious injuries in a fire or explosion caused by someone else’s negligence, you can pursue a compensation claim to recover money for your expenses and losses, including for:
- Costs of medical treatment of your injuries, include ER and hospital care, surgeries and other procedures, prescription drugs, and physical/occupational therapy
- Costs of long-term care for permanent disabilities or impairment that you suffer due to your injuries
- Lost income from missed time from work during your recovery
- Lost future earning capacity and employment benefits if you become permanently disabled from work
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Lost quality of life becuase of permanent, visible scarring or disfigurement or permanent disability
Turn to an Explosion Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA for Help Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries and Losses
If you were harmed by a fire or explosion that was triggered due to somebody else’s negligence or legal fault, let a Pittsburgh fire injury lawyer from Matzus Law, handle all the details of preparing and pursuing your case while you focus on your treatment and rehabilitation. You can trust our firm to:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the accident to recover critical evidence and identify at-fault parties and others who may be liable to compensate you for your losses
- Document your injuries, permanent disabilities or impairments, and expenses and losses to determine how much compensation is needed to give you a full financial recovery
- Bring in top-notch accident reconstruction experts and medical, vocational, and financial experts to provide persuasive opinion testimony to bolster your case
- File your claims and handle communicating with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers on your behalf
- Vigorously negotiate for a fair and full settlement, and if that is not possible, take your case to court and advocate for your right to recovery to the jury to pursue a verdict in your favor
Find Out What Your Case is Worth. Call (412) 206-5300 Or Fill Out Our Online Contact Form For a Free Consultation.
Contact Baldwin Matzus, LLC for a Free Case Evaluation to Learn More About Your Legal Rights from a Pittsburgh Fire Injury Lawyer
After suffering burns and other injuries from a fire or explosion caused by another party, you deserve to obtain financial recovery for your expenses and losses. Contact our firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation to see how an explosion accident attorney in Pittsburgh, PA can help you demand accountability and justice for the injuries and suffering you have endured.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fire Injury in Pittsburgh
If you suffered injury in a fire or explosion caused by someone else’s negligence or fault, the statute of limitations under Pennsylvania law gives you two years from the date of the accident to file suit agaisnt the party or parties responsible for causing your injuries or liable for your losses. Filing suit after the statute of limitations passes on your claim will likely result in the permanent dismissal of your case. This makes it important to talk to a Pittsburgh fire injury lawyer as soon as possible to make sure you have timely filed your claims.
Potentially yes. Pennsylvania law allows an injured party to pursue a compensation claim if their share of fault for the accident is not greater than the share of fault of the party or parties the claim is filed against. But the compensation you recover in your case may be reduced in proportion to your share of fault for the accident. Our firm will work hard to ensure that you recover maximum compensation for your injuries and losses if the opposing party or parties try to shift blame for the fire or explosion onto you.