Table of Contents
- Respected Pharmacy Malpractice Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Represents Victims of Pharmacy Errors in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
- Examples of Potentially Actionable Pharmacy Errors
- Common Causes of Pharmacy Errors in Pittsburgh, PA
- Your Right to Full and Fair Compensation for a Pittsburgh Pharmacy Error
- Call Today for a Free Case Review with an Experienced Pittsburgh Pharmacy Error Lawyer
- Frequently Asked Questions About Claims Based on Pharmacy Errors in Pittsburgh, PA
Respected Pharmacy Malpractice Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA Represents Victims of Pharmacy Errors in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
Pharmacy errors and medication errors are alarmingly common. Although prescription drugs dispensed by pharmacies play a vital role in controlling countless medical conditions, one simple mix-up can lead to years of physical suffering and even death. Something as minor as choosing a bottle with the wrong color cap can throw a family’s life into chaos. At Matzus Law, LLC, our Pittsburgh pharmacy error lawyer knows that one simple pharmacy error can forever change a person’s life.
We have dedicated our practice to getting justice for victims of negligent doctors, hospitals, and pharmacists across Pennsylvania. Our lawyer has years of experience working to get full and fair compensation for injured clients, and we know what it takes to win.
Our lawyer has been nationally recognized by our peers, as well as recognized for excellence locally in the courts. We believe that our greatest achievement lies in earning our clients’ trust and respect by successfully advocating for their right to fair compensation.
Most victims of medical malpractice don’t fully understand their legal rights. You might also be unsure about what exactly went wrong to cause your worsened condition. We are here to make sure you understand what you deserve as well as the legal process we will go through to recover fair compensation. To learn more, call or contact our office for a free case review today.
Examples of Potentially Actionable Pharmacy Errors
Of course, mistakes do happen. When doctors and pharmacists make mistakes, however, your health and even your life can be at risk. Examples of pharmacy errors that can give you the right to compensation under Pennsylvania medical malpractice laws include:
- Dispensing the wrong medication, which can have serious consequences for the patient. Cases involving wrong medication can mean that the patient’s underlying condition is not properly controlled or treated. Wrong medication cases can also create drug interaction problems for patients taking multiple prescriptions.
- Dispensing the wrong dosage, which can lead to overdoses or a failure to treat the patient’s underlying condition. This type of pharmacy error could stem from the pharmacist giving you the wrong pill size or even failing to provide correct instructions for taking the medications.
- Failure to recognize or warn about drug interactions. Prescription drugs are complex chemical compounds. Different types of drugs can interact badly with other prescriptions. Sometimes, it is the pharmacist’s job to monitor all prescription drugs a single patient is taking—such as when you have multiple doctors, and each prescribes a different medication.
Common Causes of Pharmacy Errors in Pittsburgh, PA
Pharmacy errors can be caused by any number of things. The error could be as simple as the pharmacist mixing up prescriptions for patients with similar names. Pharmacy errors are commonly caused by:
- A pharmacist’s failure to confirm illegible handwriting
- Technology problems
- General negligence
Of course, you might not know what happened to cause a negative reaction to the prescription drugs you are taking. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyer has the resources to conduct a full investigation into your case. We will:
- Analyze your medical records and prescription records
- Speak with respected medical experts to determine the potential cause of your reaction
- Investigate to determine whether the pharmacy has a history of safety violations or whether the pharmacy has protocols in place to prevent errors
Your Right to Full and Fair Compensation for a Pittsburgh Pharmacy Error
When a pharmacy error is unreasonable enough that it amounts to medical malpractice, it’s important to hold the negligent pharmacy or pharmacist accountable. At Matzus Law, LLC, we are proud to help victims of pharmacy errors get justice for two primary reasons:
- Fair compensation helps you get the treatment you need and helps you put your life back on track
- Fair compensation can motivate doctors, pharmacies and pharmacists to change their practice to prevent future harm
We will fight to win every penny that you are entitled to in pursuit of these goals. Your fair compensation award could include compensation for:
- Your past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- All out-of-pocket expenses related to the pharmacy error and its consequences
- Damages for wrongful death if you lost a loved one because of the error
Most clients want to know how much compensation they are entitled to receive. The exact amount of your award depends on a number of factors, perhaps most important of which is how severely you were harmed by the pharmacy error. In any case, you should not be left to shoulder the financial burden of the mistake—meaning that we fight to win an award that accounts for all of your losses.
Call Today for a Free Case Review with an Experienced Pittsburgh Pharmacy Error Lawyer
Every client deserves the highest possible quality legal representation when they have been seriously hurt or killed through no fault of their own. At Matzus Law, LLC, we have devoted our practice to providing this high-quality legal representation. When you choose us, you can expect a Pittsburgh pharmacy error lawyer who will stand by your side every step of the way, fighting to win fair compensation for you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions About Claims Based on Pharmacy Errors in Pittsburgh, PA
Every case is different. We will investigate to determine the error that caused your condition to worsen—and in some cases, multiple parties might ultimately be responsible. Potentially responsible parties may include:
1. The pharmacy, if, for example, the pharmacy failed to update their technological systems or failed to put appropriate safeguards in place to prevent errors
2. The pharmacist
3. The doctor who prescribed your medication
The responsible party’s insurance company will ultimately pay your compensation award. When multiple parties are involved, insurance companies tend to try to point fingers at each other. Our lawyers are experienced in handling these complex cases and in negotiating with insurance companies who may try to shift blame.
Like any other settlement offer, you should first have an experienced medical malpractice lawyer review your case. We can review your case for free to determine whether the settlement really accounts for the full value of your claim. One of the biggest mistakes injured patients make is accepting an award without fully understanding the extent of their harm. Even if the number seems high, you can see your medical bills rise quickly. Our lawyers will make sure you understand all of the compensation you may be entitled to receive, based on the harm you have suffered.