Personal Injury Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Seeking Compensation for Victims in Allegheny County and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
Catastrophic injuries leave a person with permanent injuries and disabilities. Catastrophic injuries can occur as a result of medical malpractice, tractor trailer accidents, car or motorcycle accidents, or construction and industrial site accidents. These injuries dramatically diminish one’s quality of life and prevent a person from participating in daily activities without assistance. Life is often never the same, physically, emotionally, and financially. Matzus Law is dedicated to representing catastrophically injured victims and helping them recover full and fair compensation for their losses.
Examples of catastrophic injuries:
- Brain injuries: Injuries to the brain can cause permanent brain damage and lead to mental and physical disabilities that require lifelong medical care.
- Spinal cord injuries: The spinal cord is responsible for sending signals from the brain to the rest of the body. Damage to the spine can cause paralysis and loss of sensation in the limbs.
- Amputations: Losing a limb can dramatically reduce one’s quality of life and earning ability.
- Burn injuries: Burn injuries can cause disfigurement and permanent damage to one’s nerves, muscles, and nervous system.
- Significant bone fractures: Sometimes, a person can suffer such severe bone fractures or multiple fractures that they will have permanent impairments, such as loss of functional use their arms or legs resulting in an inability to work.
Recovering Full Compensation for Catastrophically Injured Clients
Catastrophic injuries can be incredibly complex, especially when it comes to calculating the full extent of providing necessary medical and supportive care needs and the projected cost to pay for it. Our team works with a vast network of medical experts and life care planners to help determine the full value of your claim.
Damages for catastrophic injuries can include:
- Medical treatment (past and future), including rehabilitation, surgeries, therapy, in-home medical caregivers and other medical costs
- Lost wages, including the past and future wages due to missing work
- Lost earning capacity, including the wages that you lost because of your disabilities
- Home Modifications, home modifications necessary to provide a safe living environment given your physical disability and other costs of adapting to a serious injury
- Pain and suffering, such as the pain endured due to the injuries
An Experienced Injury Lawyer on Your Side
Our Pittsburgh catastrophic injury lawyer has more than 20 years of experience advocating on behalf of the injured. Even under the most challenging circumstances, we’re here to guide you and fight for you. Call us or fill out our online contact form today!