(412) 206-5300

Radiology Malpractice

Our Firm Has Been Representing Clients in Medical Malpractice Cases Against Local Pittsburgh Hospitals and Doctors for Many Years

Contact A Pittsburgh
Medical Malpractice Attorney Today


Click here for helpful medical malpractice articles & information
Helpful articles
Background Image

Contact A Pittsburgh
Medical Malpractice Attorney Today


Pittsburgh Radiology Malpractice Lawyer

Matzus Law LLC Advocates for Clients Injured by Radiology Errors in Pittsburgh and Throughout Pennsylvania

Radiological tests make it possible to diagnose and treat medical conditions that were once untreatable. When medical radiology professionals are negligent in using these critically important diagnostic tools, patients can suffer and sustain life-altering or life-ending injuries. 

If your radiologist failed to properly diagnose your medical condition, it may be possible for you to take legal action against them in Pennsylvania for radiology error malpractice, which is a type of medical malpractice. At Matzus Law LLC, we have the experience, perspective, and compassion to fight for your legal rights if you are injured because of radiology errors. Contact us today for a free consultation.

When a Radiologist Misdiagnoses Your Condition 

Correct screening is essential to the well-being of all patients

Radiologists are charged with screening patients for a range of medical conditions from cancer to heart issues. If the radiological screening or the medical professional’s interpretation of the screening is incorrect, then the patient cannot be properly diagnosed or treated. Without timely treatment, medical conditions can rapidly worsen. 

Among the most common radiology errors which legally constitute medical malpractice include:

Do You Have a Potential Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Pennsylvania for Radiology Errors 

Establishing the standard of care for Radiologists 

In the United States, the average error rate for radiologists is 30%. Of these errors, 70% are due to the radiologist completely missing at least one physical abnormality. The remaining 30% of radiology error cases are caused when the abnormality is identified but is misinterpreted.

Every industry has their standard of care and the medical industry is certainly no different. Every industry’s standard of care permits some degree of error – the law does not expect us all to be perfect all the time. 

Yet in the medical industry, where errors exceed the accepted industry standard, this may be the basis of a medical malpractice lawsuit.

To file a radiology malpractice lawsuit, the injured party must firmly establish for fundamental components:

An experienced radiology errors medical malpractice firm such as Matzus Law LLC has worked with many radiology error victims who were entitled to compensation in the form of economic as well as non-economic damages. Economic damages include compensation for medical bills while non-economic damages can cover psychological harm, including your pain and suffering.

Do Not Pursue a Radiology Errors Medical Malpractice Suit Alone

The vast majority of doctors and medical facilities are covered by large insurance companies and their legal teams. Because medical malpractice is not a rare occurrence, they know how to deal with radiology errors cases and do on a regular basis. To go up against doctors, hospitals, their insurers and lawyers, you need legal advocates on your side who truly understand the mechanics of medical malpractice. With our experience in radiology errors medical malpractice lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Matzus Law LLC is exactly the firm you need in your corner.

Frequently Asked Questions About Radiology Errors Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in Pittsburgh

My radiologist made an error in my diagnosis. Is there a possibility for me to sue?

Yes. There is a standard of care your radiologist has to follow to ensure that things such as errors in making a diagnosis do not occur too frequently. Depending upon the facts of your misdiagnosis, you may have the basis for a legal claim.

Are radiology errors common?

Yes. While only 3.6% of all doctors in the United States are radiologists, from 1985 to 2002 they ranked sixth among all specialists in terms of the number of medical malpractice claims.

If I was injured because the radiologist failed to properly read my exam, is there a chance I could file a lawsuit?

Yes. Where a radiologist fails to properly read or review the results of a radiology exam, this is known as an observation error. At Matzus Law LLC, we can lead you through a process that allows us to at the facts of your case and then potentially file a claim.

What makes matzus law llc unique?
  • 01

    We care about you, not just your financial recovery

  • 02

    Battled Tested Experience & Proven Results

  • 03

    Trusted By Clients and Respected by Adversaries

Overview Background
Award Image Award Image Award Image Award Image Award Image Award Image