Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Pittsburgh, PA
PA Personal Injury Attorney Seeks Compensation for Victims of Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Allegheny County, Butler County, Washington County, and Throughout Western Pennsylvania
Tractor-trailers or 18-wheelers are one of the leading causes of serious injuries among motor vehicle accidents. As one of the largest and heaviest vehicles on our roads and highways, a collision with a tractor-trailer often leads to devastating injuries and fatalities.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a tractor-trailer accident or any other type of truck accident, you are not alone. Matzus Law LLC can guide you through the complex claims process and protect your rights to provide full compensation for your injuries. We have extensive experience holding truck drivers, truck mechanics, trucking companies, loading companies and other third parties responsible for their negligence.
Retaining a lawyer as soon as possible after a tractor-trailer accident is very important because there is certain evidence, such as data from the “black box” that can be destroyed or automatically deleted from the electronic data recorder’s memory. Tractor trailer companies and their insurance carriers have specialized teams of lawyers and investigators that literally are deployed to the scene as soon as possible, sometimes the very same day to begin protecting their rights. You need an experienced tractor-trailer accident lawyer from Matzus Law LLC on your side to protect your rights.
Common Causes of Tractor-Trailer Accidents
In many cases, tractor-trailer accidents are considered preventable and typically caused by the negligence of one or more parties in the trucking industry.
Tractor-trailer accidents are most commonly caused by:
- Truck Driver Fatigue – A truck driver must take mandatory rest breaks and is prohibited from exceeding the maximum driving hours in a day.
- Driver Negligence – Speeding, driving under the influence, driving while texting or using a cell phone, and improper lane changes are all examples of driver negligence.
- Overloaded Trailer and Failure to Secure Cargo – Excessive cargo that exceeds weight limits can delay braking, scatter debris on roads, and reduce maneuverability. Likewise, cargo that isn’t safely secured can become dislodged, and strike other vehicles on the roadway.
- Poor Truck Maintenance and Repairs – Trucks are required to receive regular maintenance and inspections to ensure these vehicles are safe to operate. To save money, trucking companies may not perform the necessary maintenance, repairs, and inspections and put unsafe tractor trailers and other trucks on the road.
- Driving in Unsafe Weather – Snow, fog or excessive rain can create dangerous driving conditions for all motor vehicles, especially tractor-trailers and commercial vehicles, such as coal trucks and tri-axles. There are “Rules of the Road” that require tractor-trailer drivers to pull off the road under certain bad weather conditions.
Tractor-Trailer Accidents Are Complex
Tractor-trailer accidents are complex because they often require extensive resources to investigate a claim. An attorney must be able to determine whether state and federal regulations were violated by analyzing maintenance records, driver logs, a truck’s “black box” (electronic data recorder), and other pertinent information. There is a wealth of data and evidence that must be evaluated with the help of accident reconstruction experts.
Devoted to Your Recovery in Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Pittsburgh, PA
We are dedicated to helping you get back on the road to recovery. Contact a Pittsburgh tractor-trailer lawyer to learn more about pursuing compensation for your medical bills, missed wages, pain, and suffering, and other losses.
Give us a call at 412-259-5303 and schedule your free consultation.